- Effective length: 263 mm (10.35”)
- Pivot-spindle distance: 247.37 mm (Loefgren A geometry).
- Overhang: 15.66 mm (Please see our page on cartridge alignment here)
- Offset angle: 20.81 degrees.
- Cartridge mount: 1/2”
- Mounting on the plinth/armboard is done with 2 x 10-24 (or M4) screws (for metal armboards) or 4 x #8 wood screws (for wood armboards).
- Weight of the whole assembly: ca. 1.1 lbs (.770 kg)
- Bearing: Unipivot, Swiss-made non-corrosive, non-magnetic stainless steel pivot in a sapphire jewel. The center of mass of the tonearm is in the same plane as the bearing, thus ensuring an ideal dynamic balance, without the need for the outrigger weights commonly found on other unipivot systems
- VTA: fine adjustment with a threaded collar. Maximum range: 15 mm.
- Azimuth: adjustable on the fly. We discuss the question of azimuth setting here
- Anti-skating mechanism can be disabled if desired
- Counterweights: 130 g, 95 g, 60 g; with additional fine adjust weight to allow adjustment of VTF in small increments (typically +/- 0.1 g). The Kairos™ is a medium mass tonearm, and the combination of counterweights provided with it allows use of most cartridges currently available. The Kairos™ has been successfully tested with cartridges from 5 to 15 grams, with compliance from 8 to 20 µm/Mn
- DIN connector inside the arm base.
- Jig to set the pivot-to-spindle distance provided; no need for a ruler, the jig places the tonearm exactly in the right position
- Arc protractor included
Like the Telos™ and the Talea™, the Kairos™ is a medium-mass tonearm that can be used with most modern cartridges on the market.
We offer a DIN-RCA (or DIN-XLR) phono cable, developed specifically for the Kairos™
$1,850 in DIN-RCA, 4’ configuration
$2,200 in DIN-RCA, 5’ configuration
DIN-XLR: additional fee
Like all Durand Tonearms products, the Kairos™ is entirely made and assembled by hand in the USA.
Please note that our invoice will state full price paid, regardless of where it is sent. Durand Tonearms will not misrepresent your tonearm’s value for customs purposes. Please do not ask us to do so.