photo Steve Korn, 2015
- Effective length: 305 mm (12”)
- Pivot-spindle distance: 291.63 mm (Loefgren A geometry)
- Overhang: 13.73 mm. Effective length fine adjustment is realized with a cartridge plate on which the cartridge is mounted (Please see our page on cartridge alignment here)
- Offset angle: 17.84 degrees.
- Cartridge mount: 1/2” (12.7mm)
- If you want to make sure that the Telos™ will fit on your turntable, you can download a mounting template here (click on tab “Telos™ Mounting Templates”)
- Mounting specifications: 4 x 10-24 (or M4) metal screws or 4 x #8 wood screws. A central hole for the VTA column might need to be bored if the height difference between the surface of the platter and the surface of the armboard/plinth is smaller than 25 mm. The diameter of the hole should be min. 1”, and its depth 1”
- Weight of the whole assembly: ca. 7 lbs (3.2 kg)
- Bearing: constrained unipivot. Swiss-made non-corrosive, non-magnetic stainless steel pivot in a sapphire jewel. The center of mass of the tonearm is in the same plane as the bearing, thus ensuring an ideal dynamic balance, without the need for the outrigger weights commonly found on other unipivot systems
- VTA/SRA: Range: ca. 23 mm. The VTA column is fastened to the arm base with a clamping mechanism
- Azimuth: adjustable (patent-pending technology). We discuss the question of azimuth setting here
- Anti-skating; can be disabled if desired
- VTF with coupled counterweights. Counterweights are of a special alloy of much higher density than stainless steel
- Phono cable uninterrupted from cartridge clips to termination connectors (except at the junction internal wires-interconnect cable). The junction between internal wires and phono interconnects is contained in a box made of wood carefully selected for its acoustic properties. The wood is finished with the same technique as the armwand
- Jig to set the pivot-to-spindle distance provided; no need for a ruler, the jig places the tonearm exactly in the right position
- MintLP arc protractor included
Note: if the platter surface is more than ca. 28 mm higher than the surface on which the tonearm is mounted, a spacer will be needed. Please contact us to purchase the spacer.
Like the Talea™, the Telos™ is a medium-mass tonearm that can be used with most modern cartridges on the market.
The Telos™ is sold factory direct in the US.
The Telos™ is entirely made in the USA.
photo Carl Zapp ©2012
Please note that our invoice will state full price paid, regardless of where it is sent. Durand Tonearms will not misrepresent your tonearm’s value for customs purposes. Please do not ask us to do so.